Home » » Sweetheart’s Birthday? What Kind of Present do you give her?

Sweetheart’s Birthday? What Kind of Present do you give her?

Do you know birthday cakes have been a traditional dating back as far as the middle Ages and English will conceal symbolic items such as gold coin, ring, and thimbles inside their birthday cakes?

I didn’t know until 3 days ago when I was searching internet to find birthday present for my sweetheart but I had trouble finding the right gift for her. She is China and I want to give her something different this year. It should be romantic, special, and unique and not something “made in china too” stuffs that she could easily find it herself in China and lastly it should be easy on my pocket.


Here was a list of the birthday gift I was planning to give her and why I did not give her.
1. Flowers
Okay….She may like it. Every women love flowers, right? Flower, you could never go wrong with flower. But if you want something unique and different, flower was not the right choice. You may disagree with me but—flower? No. Not this time.

2. Chocolates
I like it. We both love it. But eating chocolate alone didn’t seem the right gift for birthday.

3. Books
I know she would not appreciate it. She would not have time to read it either. She currently is working for 2 different companies and both hands are full most of the day. How would she have time to read?

4. Perfume
Hmm---seems to be a good idea. But she‘d bought a large sum of aroma therapy soaps and bottles of fragrance oil last February when we spent 4 days holiday in Bali. Not a good choice.

5. Shoes
Last year I bought her a modern red high heel but she made me to trade that high heel with slipper. At the moment, I promised myself would not bother buy her another shoes without her presence. How do we guy suppose to know what women really want anyway.

6. Lingerie
The latest Victoria’s secret collection is so sensual. But we both agree that the most sensual lingerie is without lingerie.

7. Jewelry
It seems not right this moment. It’s not right for my pocket either. In search of jewelry I found that my sweetheart’s birthstone is Aquamarine or Bloodstone.

Curious to know the complete list of birthstone? Read my other post “Birthstone. Give your sweetheart the correct one”

So what present I gave her?

The story of English conceals symbolic items such as coins, ring, and thimbles inside their birth cakes gave me a brilliant idea. I ordered a medium size fruit Jell-O with personalized messages put inside it and had it delivered to her office.

She ate it without realizing the Jell-O was supposed her birthday cake and the present was some messages found inside the Jell-O. She loved it. She called me, said it’s the silliest birthday present she ever had but she love every messages in it.

Hmm…who said present should be costly and expensive to win her hearts? If you let her know that we put every effort in making it she will know it. If we take pain making it she will feel it and realize she is special and will love you more.

Do you know English will conceal symbolic items such as gold coin, ring, and thimbles inside their birthday cakes? A person finding a gold coin in a birthday cake would supposedly become wealthy where a person discovering a thimble would never marry. Believe it or Not. It's up to you.

Happy Birthday sweetheart.

2 komentar:

Anonymous said...

This is quite an interesting list...and it was pretty nice reading through your post...and well for some really amazing ideas and suggestions for birthdays just visit my blog on Birthday Celebrations sometime and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Nei said...

Hi Carol,

Thank you for stopping by. I love personalized and handmade gift and your birthday idea.